Auto Insurance in Sugar Land, TX
Auto insurance is mandatory in most states, and Texas is no exception. Car accidents can happen at any time, and recovery can be expensive, so having auto insurance is essential. The right policy can financially protect you from paying for significant costs after an accident.
What Auto Insurance Covers
Auto insurance coverage varies among policyholders. However, a standard policy commonly includes coverages such as the following:
- Liability insurance helps insure against claims arising from damage or injuries you cause to others if you are at fault in a wreck.
- Bodily injury liability coverage helps cover their medical bills (and, in some cases, deaths).
- Property damage liability helps pay for damage to the other driver’s property, such as their car.
- Collision insurance helps cover damage to your vehicle after a wreck or collision with an object (e.g., fence or sign).
- Comprehensive insurance helps pay for noncollision mishaps, such as weather damage.
- Medical payments (MedPay) coverage helps pay for your medical bills and those of your passengers, regardless of who is at fault for the accident.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) coverage is similar to MedPay because it helps cover medical bills. However, it also provides wage replacement benefits and coverage for funeral costs following an accident, regardless of who is at fault.
- Uninsured/underinsured insurance helps insure you against damage caused by someone else who doesn’t have appropriate liability coverage.
Reach out to an agent at Texas General Insurance to learn more about potential coverage options to include in your policy.
How Often Should You Change Auto Insurance?
Shopping for a new auto insurance policy every year can help ensure you’re getting the best rates. Rates tend to increase over time, so it’s essential to check rates annually.
How Auto Insurance Rates Are Determined
Rates can vary significantly among auto insurance policyholders. When determining auto insurance rates, your insurer might look at your driving record, claims history and car model to determine how much they might charge you for an insurance policy.
If you own a car and are looking for insurance near Sugar Land, Texas, the experienced agents at Texas General Insurance are here to help you learn more about potential auto insurance policies for you and your car.
Learn more by contacting our agency today at 281-494-4990.